Frontier Charter School has been awarded the Purple Star School Designation for the years 2023-2026. It is a great honor and recognition for the hard work and support our school has given military connected students. To learn more follow the link below.
Frontier staff with representatives from ASD, JBER and the Alaska Purple Star Schools Designation Committee
Military families will find a warm welcome at Frontier Charter School
Recognizing that a move to a new duty station is a big deal in the life of a military family, we are here to help with making your transition to Alaska go more smoothly:
- We work with the education liaison office at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson (JBER).
- We connect new-to-Anchorage families with local homeschool resources and educational vendors. This is especially important for military families who are new to the community.
- We provide a curriculum lending library so students can get started as soon as they arrive, without waiting for items to be shipped to Alaska.
- We provide year-round support to homeschool households. Students who move to Alaska at various times of the year can enroll at Frontier and get started right away.
To better support our families, Frontier established a homeschool service center in close proximity to JBER, Chugiak, and Eagle River. The location of this branch office is 16707 Coronado Road, Eagle River, AK 99577.
Military Family Point of Contact
Frontier Academic Advisor (and Proud Sister of a Marine Corps Officer)
(907) 742-1186 – office
(907) 312-9646 – call or text
Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson (JBER) School Liaison Officers
- Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission (MIC3) Website and Resources Link
- MIC3 Summary with Provisions Video
- MIC3 Article VII Graduation Video